For those of you that have little ones in daycare, I’m about to say something that might be difficult to read. There is a secret among us. An unspoken fact that we all know to be true but won’t dare admit.
When it comes to the little ones holiday parties…it IS a competition.
What other explanation is there for the adorably creative and intricate Valentines my two-year old son received this year? It certainly isn’t for HIS appreciation. We moms are in a silent competition with each other for who can make the cutest birthday invitations or the most yummy cupcakes.
Now that we have all admitted to it…it is time to arm yourself for Easter!
There is nothing more adorable than these Easter nest cookies and I can almost guarantee that you will “win” with these. The best thing? They are actually very easy to replicate (coming from a not-so-crafty mom).
- 3 1/2 Cups Sweet Coconut
- 1 Cup Nutella
- Easter Egg Candy
- 1 Can Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix together the milk, egg white, vanilla and salt in a large bowl (just until smooth).
- Fold in the coconut.
- Scoop out balls of the mixture and form cookies on a baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Using a spoon (or your thumb) press down the center of cookies to form the "nest".
- Bake for about 18 minutes (just until cookies are beginning to turn golden brown).
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Top with Nutella and Candy Eggs.
For more recipes, hit the subscribe button or check out Feeding the Masses